Monday, February 27, 2006

Gerald Doody - a life in headwear

My father's 60th birthday was last Saturday, and along with the predictable sides of the family celebration (heroic quantities of red wine (REALLY heroic - one of the cards was from the Bordeaux region of France. It read, simply, "Thank you."), sister trying to relieve herself on a radiator - you get the idea),
there were photographs around the place of my dad, from childhood, through excited new father, through more jaded, experienced father, to the patriarch we all know and fear today.


One running theme that you couldn't help but notice from the pictures was that every now and again, my father seems to feel the need to experiment with non-traditional headwear. I draw no conclusions, but leave the pictures to tell their own story.



It may look odd, but Dad is now worshipped as a god in some parts of Tibet.I'm a midnight toker...No, I haven't seen the bin.
Luckily, Lucy had her camera.  Otherwise, no one would have believed her story about the fairies.
And just for good measure, here's one of him as a serial killer. A serial killer on holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home